80 hours/two week pay period. Monday - Friday, 8am - 5 pm.JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for developing and maintaining providers' schedules in a way that meets the needs of both the clinic and the providers themselves. Determining, inputting, and maintaining providers' clinic schedules and call schedules. Actively managing the front end scheduling process to maximize efficiency, patient flow, and patient experience. This position also involves Clinic Services Assistant duties as required.
The Scheduling Assistant has overall responsibility for the doctors' schedules.Creation, input, and maintenance of schedule templates.
- Development of policies & procedures with respect to how (and when and where) patients are scheduled.
- Monitoring & fine-tuning schedules on an on-going basis, striving for full schedules but also schedules that will flow efficiently.
- Act as a resource for questions relating to the above.
- Act as a liaison between the Tech Supervisor and the Customer Service Assistants (CSA) when it comes to ideas or "issues" with how patients are scheduled, etc.
The Scheduling Assistant does not supervise the CSA's but does monitor the status of recalls, reschedule work queues, and wait lists.
- The Scheduling Assistant will alert the CSA Supervisor if this type of work is falling behind.
- Additionally, he or she will provide feedback to the CSA Supervisor regarding the CSAs' successes & areas for improvement with respect to how patients are scheduled.
The Scheduling Assistant may, from time to time, be asked to back up our CSA's or Referral Assistants but should not be considered "first line".EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent required.
- Scheduling experience required.
- Expertise in communication skills required.
- Computer skills required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Completion of a post secondary secretarial program preferred.
- Previous clinical experience highly preferred.
- Prior scheduling software experience preferred (ANSOS/OneStaff).
- Patient care background/experience preferred.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.