As a Home Health Aide at our St. Benedict Homes, you'll find your purpose by bringing comfort and healing to our patients. In this position is 30 hours per two week pay period, 4pm-9pm Tuesdays and Thursdays, every other weekend, and rotating holidays.
The Home Health Aide position works in an Assisted Living environment. Benedict Court is a 39 room complex that provides housing with assisted living services. Benedict Homes is a 27 unit complex specializing in Memory Care.
The Home Health Aide is a vital role within Memory Care and can expect to:
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Work independently and as a team!
- Helps with a variety of care, also including activities all in a home like environment.
- Function as a member of the Home Care team and demonstrate accuracy, reliability and safety in caring for clients.
- Assist with ADLs (activities of daily living) including dressing, grooming, bathing, pericare, ambulation, foot care, nail care, transfers and rehab.
- Complete as instructed by the RN (blood glucose monitors, oxymeter reading, oxygen monitoring, skin care, medication administration).
- Transport clients safely in van or bus.
- Perform designated tasks under the immediate supervision of a nurse.
- Progress in your career! As a Home Health Aide you will get to be trained to pass medications, perform simple wound care & treatments.
St. Benedict's Community is known for our pioneering approach to memory care programs and housing for individuals with dementia or Alzheimer's disease. Our expertise in providing memory care is evident in every detail, feature and service offered in our beautifully designed Benedict Homes. They are designed to embrace the needs of those whose memory affects their safety; residents live in a gracious home-like atmosphere that promotes maximum independence in a secure home setting.
- High School Diploma or GED graduate
- Current certification on the MN Nursing Registry required OR Complete CentraCare's Nursing Assistant in Training Course.
- If you are not currently certified on the MN Nursing Assistant Registry, no problem! CentraCare offers a Nursing Assistant in Training Course (a 1-month commitment). Once the course is complete, a state exam is taken and with a passing score, certification will be awarded, making you qualified for the Home Health Aide position!
- Additional 3-4 day training to be certified as a Home Health Aide.
- Willingness to acquire additional training for medication management and Assisted Living Home Care
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required (If not certified, CentraCare does offer training courses).
- Valid Minnesota Class D driver's license and eligible to be insured under the corporate auto insurance policy.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to communicate effectively with the elderly population and basic knowledge of memory loss
- Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, procedures and memos.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.