- Define server rack FW validation strategy.
- Partner with development engineers and identify new use scenarios and enhance the existing ones for validation.
- Drive validation efficiency through automation
- Drive test plan and test cases development
- Drive validation dashboard development and communication.
- Work with partner teams to push quality upstream. Establish efficiency and coverage improvement metrics over time.
- Debug and analyze issues for root causes and to help identify preventive measure.
- Work effectively in an Agile environment following and practicing Scrum processes.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent additional industry experience
- 8+ years of firmware development, validation, or system engineering.
- Proven experience and skills in C/C++ and scripting language such as Python.
- Product cycle experience overseeing project from inception to product shipping and sustain engineering.
- Strong firmware debugging skills such as JTAG and troubleshooting server firmware.
- 3+ years' technical leadership experience preferred
- Development and validation experience on UEFI/BMC/Rack Manager FW is a strong plus.
- Enthusiastic and self-driven for quality and engineering excellence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.