Job Description Supervisor I, Logistics – Biola, CA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day. Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien ,
the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; ProvenSeed and Dyna-GroSeed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future,
and grow your career. What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Supervise and lead the external order personnel to ensure customer orders are processed and delivered in a timely, cost effective method, while maintaining and exceeding customer expectations. Heavy focus on export and international demand, with emphasis on forwarding and vessel coordination
- Develop and refine external order strategies to provide industry-leading customer service that support the company goals and that produce high quality customer service and that reflect industry best practices
- Take ownership of external customer issues and complaints – follow established company processes and follow problems through to resolution that is satisfactory to our customers and company. Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact concerning delivery problems and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, and product availability
- Review all product returns / exchanges and ensure all stakeholders are informed and aware of any issues.
- Track and monitors freight expenses of external business – ensures customers are billed properly
- Update management on significant changes to freight expenses and suggests updates to programs and rate charts
- Negotiate best possible rates with all transportation companies including but not limited to freight forwarders, ocean carrier, trucking and rail companies
- Track and monitor railcar fleet. Ensures railcars are making timely transit times to and from the customers locations. Work with the customers and management to determine what products to ship, when to ship and what plant to ship from. Ensure railcar fleet is being maintained and inspected according to rail requirements
- Manage export transactions, including all related activities for international accounts. Review all documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Train and lead personnel in proper and necessary shipping transactions and documentation
- Model our core value of safety by leading and enabling a culture in which you and your team are actively contributing to a safe work environment
Are you a good match? Apply today!
- Bachelor's degree required; experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- 7+ years of experience in logistics including one year in a mentor, supervisor or leader role required
- Knowledge of US Export documentation process, freight negotiations, both international and domestic
- SAP experience highly desirable
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran