The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor is responsible for providing a safe and clean environment for club members to swim and play. You are providing a service that includes safety and customer service as well as teaching group, semi-private and private lessons to children and adults.
- Required to enforce posted pool rules and to enforce spa, steam room and sauna regulations.
- Perform daily safety checks of the facility to ensure member safety.
- Perform daily cleaning duties to ensure facility meets cleanliness standards for the club.
- Teach group lessons as well as private and semi-private lessons to children and potentially adults.
- Perform all other duties and task assigned by Aquatics Director.
Certification and Experience:
- The ideal candidates will possess American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED Trained and First Aid.
- Ability to swim all four competitive strokes.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Certifications are not required at time of employment. You will be expected to become certified within 60 days of being hired. You will receive training on a regular basis as well as you will be trained how to teach swimming lessons. Work schedules can be flexed around class schedules.
Today Gold's Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold's Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts.