The Front Desk Associate will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym
and provide control of the front door location. This position will provide assistance to members'
requests along with inquiries about gym operations & policies as well as perform various
administrative duties as directed by the Gym manager or Front Desk Supervisor. This position is also responsible for promoting, selling, implementing and practicing the programs, policies and procedures pertaining to sales.Major Responsibilities:
- Greets each member and guest promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a
friendly positive entrance into the gym
- Says "Hello" to all incoming guests and says "Good-bye" to all outgoing guests
- Provides security and control to the front door area of the facility
- Checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures
- Monitors check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies Front Desk Supervisor
- Registers all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate person
- in a prompt, professional manner
- Answers the phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses
- proper phone greeting techniques
- Addresses caller's requests and/or takes appropriate messages
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the TI register in the Master Production Binder and
- transfers all calls to the appropriate recipients
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns
- Maintains a neat appearance and wears proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty
- Distributes keys, towels and other materials as needed
- Reserves time/makes appointments for Massage and Personal Training or other activities as needed
- Processes retail and concession sales
- Attends all staff meetings as directed
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards
- Responsible for a walk-thru of the facility every hour
- Follows proper opening and closing procedures as assigned
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies
- Performs other duties as directed by the Front Desk Supervisor and/or General Manager
- Maintains and generates members internally and externally with good intentions
- Offers detailed recommendations that are congruent with potential members' goals and aspirations
- Presents a healthy lifestyle and fitness professionalism at all times
- Has a thorough understanding of overall club systems and operations and enforces procedures and policies
- Maintains CPR to current status
- Completes designated shift cleaning and signs off on the cleaning chart
- Maintains a professional view on all current trends and products
- Adheres strictly to monthly membership promotions and pricing
- Ensures all members and guests are helped in a prompt and professional manner including giving tours of the facility
- Schedules an FMS and orientation with a personal trainer for all new membersQualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communication effectively with both staff and members is critical.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task is very helpful to successfully perform duties.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of their shift.
Job Type: Part-time
Today Gold's Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold's Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts.