The Fitness Manager
will manage and develop the fitness department in an assigned gym, provide training and leadership for new and existing personal trainers and coaches, ensuring the fitness team is scheduled and equipped to deliver service to clients. He/she will work with all gym personnel to involve them in fitness education and sales. Responsible for overall revenue generation of Personal Training sales by increasing the number of full-time personal trainers on staff, active clients, session service and personal production. The Fitness Manager will role-model the company's values and culture. Major Responsibilities
Qualifications & Requirements
- Meet all new members and encourage a coaching plan that would align to their fitness needs.
- Conduct new member fitness assessments, adhering to incentive agreement guidelines for fitness service limits.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of personal trainers and coaches.
- Support the other Club Managers.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date certification and CPR records of all personal training staff.
- Respond to member complaints and suggestions.
- Ensure that all fitness team members maintain knowledge of current Gold's Gym pricing and promotions.
- Conduct personal training and group sessions with clients, adhering to incentive agreement guidelines for fitness service limits.
- At least 1 year of management and/or leadership experience.
- At least 1 year of fitness industry experience.
- Current personal training certification from an approved accredited institution.
- Current CPR and AED certification.
- Bachelor's degree in an exercise related field preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends and techniques within personal training and health & fitness.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift stoop, spot or walk repeatedly without any problems.
Compensation: $40,000 - $65,000 per year
Today Gold's Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold's Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts.