Personal Trainer Job Description:
Gold's Gym Personal Trainers provide customized fitness programs to our members while educating and guiding them on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training, and attaining a healthier lifestyle. Clients sign up with a personal trainer to be motivated, educated, and held accountable while working towards their fitness goals. By definition, a personal trainer is a fitness professional possessing the knowledge, skills, and abilities for safe and effective exercise and fitness program design, instruction, and assistance for the purpose of reaching personal health and fitness goals.
This career path has a much higher profile than ever before and Gold's Gym is committed to assisting our dedicated and driven staff members in the development of their skills and professional growth. Personal Trainer Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Punctual and prepared for all appointments with clients and staff meetings;
- Highly energetic, personable, and self-motivated;
- Able to build a clientele base from a community of fitness-focused members;
- Passionate about fitness and coaching others with purpose while providing excellent customer service;
- Ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health;
- Desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through proper cardiovascular, flexibility, and resistance exercise while educating on current health and fitness issues and trends;
- Knowledge of anatomy, functional exercise, basic nutrition, and basic exercise science;
- Conducts Fitness Assessments according to GGDC protocol;
- Exceptionally customer service-oriented and possesses outstanding communication skills;
- Ability to design exercise programs tailored to the needs of specific clients/goals;
- Ability to demonstrate and teach exercises while providing feedback on technique;
- Ability to design and execute individual fitness programs in a safe and effective manner;
- Understands the importance of maintaining accurate and current client files;
- Dedicated to maintaining personal integrity and personal health and fitness;
- Willingness to uphold GGDC protocol and policies;
- Attends mandatory and optional staff training classes;
- Promotes and sells personal training programs and services; and
- Remains current on certifications and new trends in the industry.
- Current CPR/AED Certification and basic First Aid knowledge (short grace period is offered);
- Current Nationally Recognized Personal Trainer Certification (short grace period is offered)
- NASM Cooper Institute
- ACSM NFPT
- ACE CSCS
- NPTI NSCA
- ISSA PTA Global
- AFAA NESTA
- NCFS RTS Resistance Training Specialist
Today Gold's Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold's Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts.