Why is it great to work here?
Gold's Gym is growing fast and looking for a General Manager in Training to help us to provide world class service to our clubs and members by utilizing in-depth knowledge of company products and programs. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Here is just some of the benefits you will get by being a Gold's Gym employee:
What sets us apart from the rest:
- Work in a fun environment with great people
- Free gym memberships and discounts
- Great benefits package that includes 401k, medical, vision and dental
- Opportunities to grow within the company
We want talented individuals who:
- Dedication to our members' successes and goals
- Ability to provide results in every challenge
- Integrity which creates life-long relationships
- Passion for people in the communities we serve
- Pride in what we do and who we are
- Leadership development (ongoing)
- Excellence in execution
- But most of all…. we are more than a gym; we are a family!!
When you come to work you'll:Management Duties:
- Have a positive, upbeat, and outgoing attitude
- Are passionate about hospitality and excellence for our members
- Can work in a dynamic, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment without sacrificing quality of service provided to our members.
- Have fitness industry experience (preferred)
- Have perseverance to succeed through follow-up and follow through
- Love to constantly learn and grow
- Properly manage and maintain gym's operational budget
- Responsible for overseeing the sales process and systems
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate the performance of all gym-related managers
- Train and mentor subordinates
- Properly delegate, monitor and evaluate specifically assigned responsibilities of sales team through the membership sales manager
- Responsible for managing disciplinary actions involving all gym level employees
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service in a high volume retail environment through personal actions and development of the staff.
- Provide effective decision making regarding customer service issues
- Plan and promote special events for the gym on a monthly basis, using corporate marketing as needed
There are some MUST HAVES:
- Responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean and operationally sound.
ASK YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES….. COME BE APART OF THE LEGACY TODAY!Gold's Gym provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation
- High School diploma with five years of professional experience. College degree preferred.
- Fitness industry experience preferred but not required.
- Be promotion-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation
- Understanding of performance metrics including P&L, revenue, budgeting, inventory, payroll, cost controls and facilities maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- spirit with open, participative leadership style and drive for excellence
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and professional demeanor.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in business or related field with two years of management experience preferred.
- Current CPR Certification
Gold's Gym is one of the most iconic brands in the world. As "The Authority in Fitness Since 1965", Gold's Gym is recognized for its superior service, facilities, programs, and products. Our roots are in Southern California serving workout enthusiasts and people who are serious about fitness and passionate about life. Founder Joe Gold knew how to provide the most motivating and inspiring environment to encourage people to challenge themselves and become the most they could be. Today Gold's Gyms SoCal carries that philosophy forward and enhances it with expanding offerings, innovation, and technology.
Gold's Gym SoCal is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents, and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes to be a part of greatness. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts. Vision
Gold's Gym SoCal Group aspires to operate the finest health clubs in Southern California by providing the cleanest, most motivating, and enjoyable facilities where every member, guest, and employee are part of one family. Mission
Our Mission is to provide facilities, programs, and staff that motivate, support, and lead every member in their pursuit of a healthy, productive, and enjoyable life. Core Values
Our Core Values are Integrity, Passion, Pride, Leadership, and Excellence. If you share these values, enjoy working hard, we encourage you to apply for an opportunity to become a Gold's Gym Professional--you will have a rewarding career with us in changing lives for the better.