As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
The College of Education has an outstanding opportunity for a Fiscal Specialist 1!
Reporting to the Dean's Office, the Fiscal Specialist 1 will support the financial operations of College of Education's Finance Office by processing daily requests for the acquisition of goods and services; providing guidance to faculty and staff regarding UW financial procedures and guidelines; and providing fiscal and administrative services for a variety of funding sources as requested. This position is part of a shared fiscal environment in the college.
In the College of Education there is an expectation that all faculty and staff will step up where they see an opportunity to apply their special expertise or talents, speak up when they identify opportunities or concerns, and lead by taking actions that exemplify the College of Education core values. Leadership within the College of Education is expressed in diverse ways reflecting the variety of styles and cultures that are represented by our faculty and staff.
Purchasing/Reimbursement – Daily
• Perform/manage department purchases utilizing available purchasing mechanisms (ProCard, eProcurement)
• Coordinate and track to ensure order fulfillment; organize and file relevant documentation for budget reconciliation.
• Serve as a fiscal resource to assess and determine best mechanisms for acquisition of products/services to meet college needs.
• Process procurement and payment/receiving requests through Ariba & ProCard.
• Monitor the purchase queue daily, review purchase requests for compliance; assist requestors with completing procurement process (e.g. obtaining official quotes, sole-source justification statement)
• Apply and interpret variety of UW, State, Federal, HIPPA, and College of Education finance, travel, and purchasing rules.
• Prepare/process blanket purchase orders, travel expense reports, non-PO invoices, payments to individuals and reimbursements through online Ariba spending system.
• Allocate purchase request to proper budgets and cost accounting codes.
• Process travel reimbursements for staff and guests via online expense reports, ensuring compliance with state and institution regulations.
ProCard Reconciliation – Monthly
• Allocate charges to proper budget and object codes; ensure appropriate taxes are issued to the purchase; enter pertinent information into the transaction box online.
• Gather supporting documentation and match each transaction on the Transaction Detail report to its corresponding source document and support/verify that it is allowable, and quantities and amounts are correct.
• Investigate/resolve discrepancies as necessary.
Budget reconciliation – Monthly
• Reconcile grant, gift and state budgets to ensure compliance with department, institutional and/or granting agency policies, rules and regulations.
• Organize and maintain electronic fiscal document by creating, sorting, labeling and organizing filing systems following COE scanning policy.
Three years of fiscal record keeping experience, or equivalent education/experience.
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain comprehensive record keeping system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Excel.
• Ability to apply good judgment and critical thinking skills.
• Superior demonstrated attention to detail. Superior time management skills.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Willingness to work in a team setting to streamline and implement improvements to college
• Ability to maintain focus while dealing with interruptions.
Experience with online accounting and bookkeeping systems, payroll systems, e-Travel, and e-Procurement. Experience working with grant, state and gift budgets.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select "Apply to this position". Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your "My Jobs" page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job