Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Provides direct resident care, completes assignments as a universal worker, assists in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents, and upholds Prestige's core values of respect, integrity, commitment and trust.
1. Provides direct resident care while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents' physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the Health Services Director, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
2. Assists with or performs ADL's, takes vital signs and weights and accurately documents care services provided and observations on communication log and incident reports. Reports and documents all incidents and accidents immediately.
3. Assists residents to and from dining room and activities.
4. Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures as required.
5. Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answers phones when assigned.
6. Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
7. Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
8. Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers and coordinates personal care service with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
9. Assists with apartment housekeeping services and resident's laundry.
10. Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must complete and pass competency evaluation within 120 days of employment, state required training including the Revised Fundamentals of Care, Dementia Care, First Aid, CPR and HIV training if not able to provide appropriate documentation of prior training. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current First Aid and CPR certification. Food Handlers permit if required by State.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED – At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
Information About Prestige Assisted Living at Manteca
Located at 1130 Empire Avenue in Manteca, CA, Prestige Assisted Living at Manteca has 90 apartments of assisted living, as well as 24 units of memory care.
If you are looking for the highest quality of healthcare communities or care centers, you won't find anyone better. PAL at Manteca has enjoyed a string of unbelievably high performance. It has enjoyed 3 straight deficiency free surveys, showing our strong commitment to care and clinical excellence. Additionally, we have recently been designated the "Best of 209 Assisted Living" as well as the Manteca Bulletin's 2019 "Reader's Choice" award in the Senior Living Facility category. Finally, we won were only one of only a small handful of state of California communities/care centers to win the "Bronze" award through the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living.
Our community really and truly has a family environment that focuses on the same common goal of respecting our residents and providing exceptional care that resonates. Our leadership style is one of respect for all team embers by setting clear expectations of our policies and procedures, all while enabling a fun work environment! We have some serious longevity with our team members as well.
If working in a home-like setting, with a strong team atmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a great promote-from-within culture, then Prestige Assisted Living at Manteca is the place for you.
Who Is Prestige Care/Prestige Senior Living?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.