BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the government, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced Configuration Managers to join our technology-based program supporting a key government customer. This program will deliver engineering services for network infrastructure as well as sophisticated enterprise computing infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications, and storage systems. Enterprise Computing Engineering services include modern application technology including containerized solutions with orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. Network infrastructure engineering services are comprised of core infrastructure, voice and video engineering, field engineering, application management and development for networks, network analytics, firewalls, network access controls and bandwidth service delivery. This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex and high profile programs within the government.
CBLTRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
We are actively seeking Configuration Managers with a minimum of 6 years' experience. Bachelor's or Master's Degrees are preferred in one or more of the disciplines described below where specific skills may include the following…
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Configuration management support to assigned projects
- Configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems
- Identification of configuration items, implementing change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
- Working on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.)
- Developing and updating CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to scope of the developmental or operational system
- Implementing CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
- Regulating the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
- Ensuring all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
- Tracking all problems and changes in product documents/software and reports changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations
- Using or recommending automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Agile Development
- Security Development Operations (SecDevOps)
- Cloud Technologies
- Ability to work with large amount of data
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins or equivalent
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.