Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving others to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
at Grand Village in Grand Rapids, Minnesota!
We're hiring caring, compassionate people like you to provide personal care and health-related services to help make the lives of our residents more fulfilling and enjoyable. As a caregiver at Grand Village, you'll put people at the heart of what you do and find new ways to exceed people's expectations every day.Ecumen, which manages Grand Village, is over 150-years-old and one of the nation's top 25 non-profit providers of senior housing and aging services. This year, we're happy to celebrate our 10th year as a "Best Place to Work."
Responsibilities The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing nursing care to residents, including medications and treatment administration, documentation, and other therapeutic interventions under the direction of the Director of Nursing/Clinical Director. Provides direction to nursing assistants, resident assistants, trained medication assistants, and other clinical staff on unit/shift.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care to residents within the scope of practice of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Responsible for coordination and direction of resident care. Coordinates care and services with other departments/providers from the time of admission to discharge.
- Assists Registered Nurse with completion of assessments, documentation, and data collection within scope of practice and acting timely on findings.
- Administers medications and completes treatments as ordered. Observes and monitors resident's condition and reports changes as appropriate. Ensures that all physicians' orders are signed and implemented within specified time frames.
- Maintains safety of all residents and employees. Responds appropriately to safety hazards and reports any issues to the appropriate person. Ensures that all staff follows the infection control policy and procedure.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area.
Qualifications Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing for the Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current LPN licensure in the state in which they are working
- Up to 2 years' experience as LPN
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Previous experience providing senior care / healthcare setting
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.