We Are HiringSchedule: As Needed-Hours will vary between first and second shift (7a-12a). Associate will also be asked to take call on occasion.
AMITA Health St. Mary's Hospital Kankakee
Since 1897, AMITA Health St. Mary's Hospital Kankakee has brought compassionate, community-minded care to Kankakee and the south suburbs. We provide award-winning services for both primary and specialty care, including our nationally recognized peritoneal dialysis unit — one of only 91 in the country. Our 182-bed acute care facility includes a certified Level II Emergency/Trauma Center, as well as a state-of-the-art Family Birthing Center for new and expectant parents. What You Will Do
Perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
What You Will Need
- Set up and adjust all equipment and manually maneuver transducers to perform exams.
- Implement safety standards and perform appropriate quality control procedures.
- Perform routine and complex studies and assist in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognize significant structures, artifacts, pathology, and equipment limitations.
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers, and patient data/history).
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area, and any other areas in department.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Why Join Our Team
- Vascular experience preferred but not required
- ARDMS Certification preferred
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.