Summary: Repair and maintain industrial trucks, trailers and garage equipment by performing the following duties. Also responsible for guiding and developing associates in the Mechanic II, Mechanic III, and Mechanic Helper positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Read job order and observe and listen to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
• Perform all major repairs which include engines, clutches, transmissions, and rear differentials.
• Perform other necessary repairs on tractors which include but are not limited to: tires, wheels, air conditioners, heaters, starters, alternators, thermostats, belts, hoses, electrical systems, fifth wheels, mud flaps, doors, windows, antennas, mirrors, instrument gauges, exhaust systems, batteries, fuel pumps, brakes, lights, etc.
• Perform necessary repairs on switchers, garage forklift, and other garage equipment.
• Perform body repairs to tractors and trailers which includes but is not limited to fenders, bumpers, painting wheels, etc.
• Develop and guide associates in Mechanic II, Mechanic III, and Mechanic Helper positions in learning the proper procedures for tractor trailer and equipment repair.
• Obtain needed parts by going to pick up supplies from automotive supply stores.
• Make roadside calls to assist an inoperable tractor or trailer.
• Utilize appropriate computer software to input log of needed work repairs and completion of such.
• Follow through with the requests and recommendations of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor or Manager.
• Follow company's attendance policy by coming to work on time and when scheduled.
• Follow company's safety policies and procedures.
• Other duties as may be assigned or required.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions.
• Team Work - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Visionary Leadership - Inspires respect and trust.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
• Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Strategic Thinking - Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Posting ID: 554259789Posted: 2020-05-21