UnityPoint at Home
2nd shift Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM-midnight. Willing to consider alternate schedule such as 10 hour shift Monday-Thursday
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to care plan. Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Consistently utilizes a patient-centered approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned service area.
- Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
- Communicates with Registered Nurse and participates in care coordination to achieve high quality care.
- Trains and orients new staff as assigned.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time/travel entries.
- Delivers quality care consistent with Home Health Conditions of Participation, qualifying home care criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care.
- Conducts clinical review of records to include multi-disciplinary review, coordination of care, provided in conjunction with visits and documentation.
- Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events.
- Assists in the promotion of services and products.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
- Maintains compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager/Clinical Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective operations of the organization.
- Adheres to company dress code.
- Achieves certification in Integrated Care Management within 1 year of hire. Certification includes completing the Integrated Care Management formal training session, successfully completing assigned computer based-learning modules within 2 weeks of training, and a competency evaluation. Use the Integrated Care Management philosophy, skills, tools and documentation in clinical practice. Demonstrate competency in selected ICM skills annually.
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Licensed Practical Nurses and valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse.
- CPR Certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Integrated Care Management (ICM) certification or successful completion of certification within one year of employment.
- Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
- Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.
Posting ID: 554838390Posted: 2020-07-01