Full-Time, Various Shifts, Great Benefits!
Operates power plant to supply steam and hot water and maintains required water temperature on hot water systems. Maintains a suitable and safe climatic environment. Performs preventive or corrective maintenance on equipment.
High school graduation or equivalent
3 years related experience.
Stationary Engineer Grade 1 license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditationregulations.
2. Diagnoses, repairs, and installs using blueprints, codes, specifications, and other industry standards.
3. Keeps accurate operational logs of equipment in multiple buildings.
4. Keeps assigned station clean and safe.
5. Makes necessary water tests on converters and chillers.
6. Makes rounds of machinery rooms, cooling towers, boiler rooms, and rooftops to perform visual inspections of equipment and verify its operation.
7. Performs maintenance on power plant equipment and machinery. Assists in testing and repair of fire and safety equipment.
8. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all HVAC equipment and other related machinery.
9. Performs some building maintenance and electrical work as necessary.
10. Prepares boilers and related equipment for inspection and maintains water treatment by performing daily tests of all circulating open and closed loop systems and adding chemicals to achieve designated department standards.
11. Works in accordance with requirements of local ordinances and codes.
12. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required, and service improvement teams.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 554838660Posted: 2020-07-01