About MedStar Health
- Job Summary
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission, transfer or discharge while maintaining appropriate documentation. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with the physician and other members of the health care team within the scope of the RN license. Follows department specific policies and procedures, and maintains competencies of assigned department.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland or a Multistate Compact state or license eligible.
- CPR certification required by completion of introductory period.
- Preferred Qualifications
- BSN preferred
- Experience in specialty area
- Certification in specialty area
- Department Specific Qualifications
- Nursing Resources
- ACLS, PALS, Crisis Prevention Institute Certification and Incident Command Center Training certification preferred
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Communicates clinical information clearly and accurately in verbal and written format. Clearly and accurately documents pertinent information in the patient's on-line medical record. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Completes timely initial and ongoing patient assessments, considering the physiological, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for patients and families. Based on the assessment of physical, emotional, bio-physical, and spiritual needs, provides direct patient care and evaluates outcomes. Incorporates the principles of patient-centered care.
- Maintains high customer service standards. Actively rounds with patients and proactively addresses customer concerns. Identifies and responds to questions and requests from internal and external customers in courteous, positive manner. Responds to customer service complaints in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Monitors patient medical conditions, intervenes using critical thinking and nursing skill, and reports patient changes to appropriate personnel. Demonstrates patient and family advocacy by providing for the emotional support of patient and families during the crisis of illness. Provides appropriate comfort measures.
- Identifies educational and health teaching needs of patients and families. Uses available resources to directly educate patient and family members based on assessment of educational needs. Evaluates effectiveness of teaching and provides further education as needed.
- In collaboration with the patient, family, and other members of the healthcare team, systematically develops, revises, and coordinates the patient's plan of care. Formulates nursing diagnosis as necessary. Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals and revises plan of care as appropriate. Facilitates collaboration among other health team members fostering effective communication with other disciplines. When necessary, provides environmental support to expedite timely patient admission or transfer.
- In coordinating the delivery of patient care, delegates activities to unlicensed staff in accordance with system policies, principles of Patient-Centered Care, and the Maryland Nurse Practice Act, and retains responsibility for these delegated activities.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment of caring for patient at all times. Identifies potential and actual patient safety issues and acts accordingly per hospital and unit policy and procedure.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Maintains Clinical ladder requirements as appropriate.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 554838675Posted: 2020-07-01