Caregivers is looking for a Registered Nurse for our Lawrence office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse will demonstrate good leadership, communication, and writing skills. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of OASIS to develop optimal level of patient care under physician orders. Enforce the policies and procedures of the agency. Follows Medicare and Medicaid regulations set forth by the federal government. Follow state and federal laws as applicable and mandated.
The following is a general list of key job duties and responsibilities in your position. The list is not to be considered inclusive and you will be required to perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned by an authorized supervisor.
- Demonstrate efficient teamwork with the staff.
- Demonstrate competence in documenting with Oasis.
- Coordinate care for the patient.
- Understand and perform the admission process plan of care.
- Coordinates services and schedules patient visits.
- Supervise LPN and HHA field staff as indicated.
- Provide in-service education per DON direction.
- Attend seminars, conferences, workshops, and self-studies in areas that will enhance position (e.g. leadership, communication, geriatric care, and pediatric care).
- Follow Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Observe, assess, and document patient symptom and progress.
- Perform the initial home care visit and re-evaluate patient needs and progress when needed.
- Notify physician of change in the patient's condition.
- Coordinate and monitor all patient care and services.
- Complete paperwork timely and efficiently.
- Maintain patient records according to policy and procedure.
- Educate patients and caregivers on disease process, medications, plan of care, and treatment plans according to the policy and procedure manual.
- Follow infection control policy in and out of the office.
- Provide quality of care to patients in their homes according to policy and procedures.
- Participate in the on-call schedule.
- Participate in and support quality improvement programs
Key Job/Physical Requirements
The following is a general list of key job/physical requirements for your position. The list is not to be considered inclusive and other job/physical requirements may be necessary as deemed by the Facility.
• Must have a valid Registered Nurse (RN) license that is in good standing with the State.
• Minimum of two years' experience in direct patient care.
• A nurse supervisor shall be a registered nurse with two years' experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic, or health facility, unless the individual has been previously approved for such employment by a program flexibility issued for the individual's current position at the home health agency prior to April 1, 1995.
• Ability to relate positively and favorably with patients and staff.
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication along with good documentation skills.
Primary Physical Requirements:
• Lift up to 10 lbs: Constantly
• Lift 11 to 25 lbs: Occasionally
• Lift 26 to 50 lbs: Rarely
• Lift over 50 lbs: Rarely
• Carry up to 10 lbs: Frequently
• Carry 11 to 25 lbs: Occasionally
• Carry 26 to 50 lbs: Rarely
• Carry over 50 lbs: Not required
• Reach above should height: Frequently
• Reach at shoulder height: Constantly
• Reach below shoulder height: Frequently
• Push/Pull: Frequently
• Hand Manipulation:
• Grasping: Constantly
• Handling: Constantly
• Torquing: Occasionally
• Fingering: Constantly
• Other Physical Considerations
• Twisting, Bending, Crawling, Squatting, Kneeling, Crouching, Climbing and Balancing may be required.
• Employees may be required to operate and automobile and various games.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and hostile people within the Facility.
• Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.