Job DescriptionJob Title:
Licensed Practical Nurse - (Part-Time) - New CastleJob ID:
Jameson Care CenterDepartment:
3349 Wilmington Road, New Castle PA 16105 Description
UPMC Senior Services is hiring a Part-Time Licensed Practical Nurse!
Are you interested in building a rewarding career in nursing? Jameson Care Centeris looking for dedicated nurses like you to help enhance the lives of our residents. As the LPN, you will work under direction of a registered nurse, and will provide routine patient care within the scope of the Practical Nurse Act of Pennsylvania.
Jameson Care Center is askilled nursingandrehabilitationfacility located in a beautiful and scenic wooded area in the heart ofLawrence County. UPMC's reputation for medical excellence is demonstrated every day through the facility's variety of programs. By combining talent and services, Jameson Care Center has become a leader in geriatric health care in Western Pennsylvania. Nestled in between Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Erie, Lawrence County is a short drive from just about anywhere.
Apply today and become a part of Life Changing Medicine! Responsibilities:
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships. Participate in health care conferences. Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Assist the RN and interdisciplinary team in evaluating, planning, and implementing plans of care. Provide appropriate, direct patient care. Give injections, take vital signs, perform basic diagnostic tests, observe patients, dress wounds and administer medication. Comply with established medication use policies. Observe and record patient's symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and report results to the RN in charge. Communicate effectively with patients and families about hospital stay and home care concerns. Instruct and demonstrate care. Discuss any patient or family concerns with RN in charge so that issue can be appropriately addressed. Perform assigned work in a timely and productive manner. Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to patient care and hospital-related information. Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Maintain current CPR certification at Health Care Provider level. Constructively receive feedback and direction. Identify and communicate learning needs to the unit director. Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs. Serve as a resource for staff and other disciplines. Serve as a preceptor for new staff members. Request assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures prior to performing new or challenging skills. Request assistance to help in planning and prioritizing activities as needed. Participate in self-review as requested by unit director. Participate in project and committee work.
- Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume responsibility for assignment and view problems as challenges. Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Act 34OAPSAUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first.
- Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships. Participate in health care conferences. Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
$14.99 to $22.98 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839038Posted: 2020-05-27