Job Title:Pharmacy Technician, Associate
Hours:7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Facility:UPMC Susquehanna Williamsport
Location:700 High Street, Williamsport PA 17701
UPMC Williamsport is looking for a motivated Pharmacy Technician, Associate to join their inpatient team! If you are looking for a new pharmacy opportunity and have an interest in working a hospital pharmacy environment, we invite you to apply today!
This is a full-time position that will work daylight hours. There is a rotating weekend and holiday schedule. We offer a competitive wage, a generous total rewards benefit package, a pharmacy technician career ladder, and sign-on bonus to those who qualify. Apply today to learn more!
Sign-on bonus details:
• $2,000 sign-on bonus with a 1 year commitment to UPMC
The Pharmacy Technician, Associate provides pharmaceutical care to patients within the UPMC Health System by assisting with the sterile and nonsterile medication preparation, medication filling, and medication distribution. The Pharmacy Technician, Associate services are provided in compliance with Department of Health, The Joint Commission, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
• Distribution: Develop and maintain positive and productive service relationships during medication distribution process. Participate in the distribution of medication including medication cassettes, emergency medication carts and the delivery of controlled substances per department policy and state and federal requirements. Retrieve medications that have been discontinued and return (and credits if necessary) them to the appropriate pharmacy area.
• Filling: Assist in filling medication orders through correct labeling, counting and stocking practices. Initial and date products as required. Assist in the preparation of the proper oral and injectable medications (including intravenous admixtures and TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition)) for the correct patient for administration at the appropriate time. Use proper technique in the preparation of medications. Consistently has the ability to work in the Sterile Product area preparing cytotoxic and hazardous drugs (e.g. chemotherapy) using proper aseptic technique.
• Assist in the training of pharmacy personnel and students.
• Audit and maintain accurate records for controlled substances. Assure that all such drugs are stored and dispensed in compliance with Federal, State, and Department Regulations.
• Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and skill in maintaining controlled substance records and the distribution process for controlled substances.
• Develop and maintain a clean, organized, and adequately stocked work environment.
• Ensure that all medications in all areas have been safely and securely stored according to Department of Health, The Joint Commission, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
• Maintain all patient information and records. Maintain the pharmacy computer system as required.
• Maintain all pertinent documentation as required. This includes eye wash logs, refrigerator logs, perpetual inventory logs etc.
• Maintain and update automated med stations, unit and department stock, emergency boxes, and crash carts.
• Participate in departmental quality improvement activities in order to continually improve and evaluate pharmaceutical care as reflected by operational and patient care indicators.
• Practice appropriate hand hygiene both in the pharmacy and in the units.
• Procure and maintain adequate inventory levels on daily basis in applicable areas such pharmacy medication stock rooms, automated medication carousels, and automated dispensing machines.
• Provide and received information (via telephone, person-to-person, or written) to hospital personnel, patients and visitors. Refer all drug information questions to Staff Pharmacists.
• Use computer skills to process and maintain all patient information and records.
• Comply with Federal and State laws such as HIPAA, regulations such as OSHA, and PBM contracting requirements such as FWA and CMS.
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
One of the following is required:
• Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician program
• Six months of previous pharmacy technician experience
• Six months experience as a Pharmacy Assistant within the UPMC Health System
• Enrollment in a college program and in good standing
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
• Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
• Act 33 with renewal
• Act 34 with renewal
• Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
• Driver's license
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range:$15.58 to $23.38 / hour
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839069Posted: 2020-07-14