Job DescriptionJob Title:
Staff Nurse Opportunities - Med/Surg - UPMC PassavantJob ID:
12 hour shiftsShift:
9100 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh PA 15237 DescriptionUPMC is dedicated to providing each patient with the right care, in the right way, at the right time, every time. Our nurses are essential partners in that mission, enhancing the patient experience at UPMC with positivity and integrity. Join us as we provide Life Changing Medicine to our community.ANCC Magnet designated UPMC Passavant is currently hiring a Full-Time Professional Staff Nurse to support one of our two Med/Surg Units at the McCandless location.As a nurse at UPMC, you will find:
- Competitive wages, with the highest BSN differential in the greater Pittsburgh area
- An incomparable benefits package, including tuition reimbursement.
- Top clinicians, leading researchers, and the most modern equipment and technology in health care today.
The Staff Nurse is a valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder, with opportunities for continued growth and advancement. Title and salary will be determined based upon education and nursing experience. GNs are encouraged to apply!About the Units:
- 3 Main:A Medical/Surgical unit that cares for an adult population of patients who present with varied diagnoses such as COPD,CHF, Diabetes, renal and stroke/neurological issues. 3 Main is also the Stroke Unit for Passavant Hospital and the nursing staff maintains NIHSS Certification to care for our CVA/TIA patients.
- 6 Main: a 50 bed Medical/Surgical Telemetry Unit. 6 Main serves the adult population, is very broad in scope, and offers a variety of disease processes, including specialized hospice care, to enhance the knowledge base of both novice and seasoned staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Begins to demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence and impairment in the health professions.
- Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care.
- Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives.
- Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among colleagues and other disciplines.
- Shows the ability to set priorities and demonstrates an understanding of shared governance and begins participating at the unit level.
- Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives.
- Actively engages in clinical development and/or RN residency program for new hires.
- Requests opportunities to learn safe, accountable and autonomous practice from more experienced nurses. Seeks, accepts and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and identifies and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and development.Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care.
- Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional nursing organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation. Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, spiritual issues within the episode of care.
- Learns to incorporate national professional organization as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction.
- Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that consider individual patient needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice.
- Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve nursing practice.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient-focused experience by building healing relationships with patient, families and colleagues. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance.
- Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of research, how it affects practice and who/what resources are available to assist with evidence based practice by asking questions, demonstrating interest, participating in unit-based journal clubs.
- Clinical practice demonstrates knowledge of how quality and innovation impacts patient satisfaction, safety, and clinical quality outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement on the clinical area.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Graduate Nurses are encouraged to apply.
- BSN preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Good clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients
UPMC approved national certification preferred.Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Act 34UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$26.31 to $35.30 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839474Posted: 2020-07-08