Job DescriptionJob Title:
Research Assoc Clinical ResJob ID:
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMCDepartment:
8961 MWRI ErieLocation:
118 East 2nd St, Erie PA 16507 Description
MWRI Erie is a new initiative to the Erie Community. It will bring basic and clinical research along with clinical trials to the community, with the purpose to improve the quality and cost of healthcare. It will be a satellite of MWRI Pittsburgh and will host protocols ongoing and initiated in Pittsburgh, as well as newly established protocols developed locally and those established in collaboration with PSU Behrend.
This position is grant funded.
Conducts and manages independent research, assists with grant applications and manuscript preparation and trains research personnel.Responsibilities:
- Maintain and expand research expertise by acquiring new research techniques and keeping abreast of new knowledge.
- Plan and implement training programs for Research Assistants on research activities and practice including grant application, budget management, data analysis, record keeping and scientific integrity.
- Develop research projects including protocol design, budget preparation and justification, data collection and analysis and data storage.
- Conduct research in a manner that maintains and promotes scientific integrity, and ensure that research projects and environment comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Effectively communicates progress of research projects via meetings with, and written reports to, research investigators.
- Responsible for following the mandatory reporting procedures for any incident or serious event that did affect or potentially could have affected the clinical care of any patient.
- Supervise research assistants and monitors budgets. Responsible for record keeping, inventory and equipment management.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of grant applications including budget preparation and justification.
- Obtain approval for research projects from review committees. Assist in manuscript preparation.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Act 34UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Master's degree in a basic science or clinical research area relevant to research activities to be performed and at least one-year experience, OR Bachelor's degree in a basic science with at least three years' experience working within a biomedical research environment, which would include coordinating and executing a research protocol including manuscript preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in the design and implementation of research projects.Interpersonal skills necessary to manage and train research personnel, and to effectively communicate and interface with faculty and hospital staff.
$16.99 to $27.16 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839573Posted: 2020-07-14