Job DescriptionJob Title:
Licensed Practical NurseJob ID:
VNA of Venango CountyDepartment:
VEN HH NursingLocation:
491 Allegheny Blvd, Franklin PA 16323 DescriptionUPMC HOME Health is Currently Hiring for a Casual LPN!Responsibilities:
- Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies.
- Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Give injections, take vital signs, perform basic diagnostic tests, observe patients, dress wounds and administer medication.
- Comply with established medication use policies.
- Observe and record patient's symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and report results to the RN in charge.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families about hospital stay and home care concerns..
- Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume responsibility for assignment and view problems as challenges. Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
Completion of a Practical Nursing Program approved by the State Board of Nursing.
Excellent communication skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, family members, visitors and staff members.
Basic computer skills necessary to input patient care orders and medical record documentation.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Act 33Act 34OAPSAUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$15.39 to $22.98 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839646Posted: 2020-05-20