Job DescriptionJob Title:
Transport Monitor Tech (Hamot)Job ID:
Patient Transport SrvsLocation:
201 State St, Erie PA 16550 Description
Have you always wanted to get your healthcare career started? Are you interested in a position that offers terrific benefits and opportunities to grow? Do you enjoy working "hands on" in a team environment? Then you may be a perfect fit for our role in the Patient Transport Services group with UPMC Hamot.
UPMC Hamot is looking to hire a regular, fulltime Transport Monitor Tech for a day shift (6 am start time). This position will work one on-call weekend every 6 weeks. Purpose:
To assist with patient care and transport of patientsResponsibilities:
- Transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher, bed, specialty bed or assists with the transport of ambulatory patients. Uses proper procedures regarding IV's, oxygen tanks, heart monitors, transport monitors, ventilators and other medical equipment. In conjunctions with Nursing Staff utilizes equipment such as lift machines, smooth movers and gait belts to ensure proper lifting and transfer of patients. Assists with house wide training/instruction to the hospital staff of the Assistive and Dependent Mechanical lifts. Assists with heavy lifting in patient care areas.Responds to Code Blue, Rapid Response and Stroke Alerts and Orderly Stat calls. Perform chest compressions on patients during the codes and assists in transport to ancillary departments. Communicates and responds to urgent and emergency situations acting within established guidelines; informs appropriate staff in cases of emergencies.Responsible for transporting to the morgue, recording proper required documentation and information to Security.Responsible for taking the Patient's Chart and completed Ticket to Ride form to/from the unit and also accompanies the patient off the Nursing Unit or prior to departing an Ancillary department.
- Possesses the ability to obtain and interpret information considering age specific needs. Performs/assists with proper draping and garbing of robes, slippers and blankets to maintain patient modesty prior to transport. Recognizes patients for Fall Risks and provides appropriate communication at the time of Patient Hand Off.Collects, cleans and distributes all traction equipment and overhead frames utilized in patient care areas and returns them to the proper storage areas. Maintains an aseptic, aesthetic, and safe environment. Adheres to routine schedule for cleaning, inspection and maintaining patient care equipment.Under the Direction of Case Management, distributes portable oxygen tanks from the Shipping and Receiving Department to patient rooms to facilitate the discharge of the patient.Participates in departments QA and QI activities. Enters data relating to tracking patient transport in designated areas.Demonstrates UPMC Hamot's commitment to service excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians and co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated and thorough.
- Attendance/TardinessDescription:1. Adheres to the Attendance/Tardiness Policies of UPMC Hamot.2. Has/has not had written Corrective Action in annual period of employment or in the last 6 months
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Act 31 Child Abuse ReportingAct 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI ClearanceUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Good communication skills
- Displays excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- This position typically reports to Transport Supervisor
- May in the course of their duties be in rooms where medications are stored or may transport medications when they transport patients. Transportation of medication is limited from one department to another.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
$13.10 to $19.86 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839696Posted: 2020-06-17