Job DescriptionJob Title:
Crisis Clinician I-SHBJob ID:
Mon Yough Community ServicesDepartment:
2560 W 12th Street, Erie PA 16505 DescriptionPurpose:
The Crisis Clinician I is responsible for assisting in the consumer service and clinical services. Primary responsibility is responding to mobile crisis calls from community professionals and persons. This includes, but is not limited to, answering questions, obtaining clinical information and scheduling outpatient evaluations, responding to telephone crisis, and documentation of all duties previously mentioned.Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis services in a community and/or office setting.
- Provide insight & knowledge of insurance programs, processes and able to obtain authorizations as needed.
- Work efficiently and independently in crisis setting.
- Provide follow-up services to consumers by phone and/or mobile visits.
- Meet standards for documentation and completes all required paperwork.
- Manage crisis situations effectively using positive approaches.
- Assist consumer in developing a crisis plan.
- Support consumer and negotiates appropriate referral services.
- Provide supportive counseling to consumers to promote stability.
- Utilize specific techniques of motivational interviewing.
- Complete consumer/family crisis assessments (face to face and telephone).
ATTENTION: Please note that if your degree is not in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work, please be sure to upload your transcripts for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work with three (3)years of clinical experience OR
- Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work required.
- Other fields of study may be considered with coursework of at least 12 credits in human services and/or relevant mental health experience.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Work history that includes phone triage, as well as an in depth knowledge and proven skill at doing psychiatric assessments.
- Experience in mental health crisis intervention, case management, or in home therapy preferred.
- Excellent, recovery-oriented interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, holidays, and to assume on call responsibilities.
- May in the course of their duties be in rooms where medications are stored or may transport medications when they transport patients. Transportation of medication is limited from one department to another.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Act 31 or Act 126 must be obtained within 90 days of hire or transfer.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
$16.99 to $27.16 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839856Posted: 2020-05-13