:006304 Pearle VisionPosition:
Don't take the care of your eyes for granted, trust them to the people who have been caring for eyes since 1961 - Pearle Vision. At every neighborhood Pearle Vision, we believe that from the exam room to the retail floor you deserve genuine EyeCare.
Pearle Vision is also part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica. We're experts who know every appointment begins and ends with trust. And every pair of glasses acts as a symbol of our commitment to you, your family, and to our community.
Consider working for a Pearle Vision right in your community. We look for employees who are creative, energetic, wide-eyed & people focused looking for exciting opportunities in eye care or retail. GENERAL FUNCTION
The Licensed Store Manager maximizes the store's sales and profits and achieves patient care objectives through personal selling and effective management of Associates. Ensures that store meets all operational, sales and merchandising goals. Models Luxottica commitment to providing NECE, exceptional patient care and customer service while maintaining sales behaviors/goals. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows up on tasks to ensure that the store is run on a sound operational basis.
- Empowers associates to make decisions.
- Drives results by conveying a sense of urgency and directs issues to closure.
- Acts as catalyst of change in working with associates.
- Leads OD business partnership and co-planning.
- Ensures that store consistently and efficiently meets corporate and divisional expectations for sales, merchandising, customer service patient care and store operations.
- Aids in achievement of goals through personal sales and customer patient interaction whenever needed.
- Models and enforces the use of NECE.
- Ensures associates are trained to perform their jobs with a high level of skill and self-initiative.
- Monitors all areas of store to ensure associates are meeting expectations; when deficiencies are identified, initiate immediate actions that remedy both the deficiency and its cause.
- Recruits, interviews and hires high caliber sales associates to ensure store is properly staffed as needed.
- Coaches and develops associates to provide candidates for promotion and future growth opportunities. Identifies high capacity and high potential candidates and develops a plan to promote them.
- Ensures the store is in compliance with all Company HR policies and practices as well as federal and state laws and regulations.
- Appropriately uses regional and Corporate HR partners to resolve issues including HRSG, Associate Relations, Benefits and Compensation.
- Sets the tone for a positive, diverse, and harassment-free work environment for all teammates.
- Executes Optician duties when required.
- Store volume range: $650K - $1.3M in gross sales.
- High School Diploma or GED, equivalent experience
- Optician licensure or ABO
- 3+ years of leadership experience in an equivalent retail like environment
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships in an environment of fast change; must be able to direct, and motivate a diverse associate population
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment
- Ability to analyze and understand financial reports
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams
- Ability to demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service/sales
- Ability to be on feet most of the day and function throughout the facility for extended periods
- Physical agility (bending, twisting, reaching, and pulling) for handling merchandise
- Availability to work early mornings, days, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the store
- Able to plan, organize and execute all Company programs on time and within the allowed expense guidelines, while teaching and expecting others to do the same.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law. Nearest Major Market:
Olympia Nearest Secondary Market:
Tacoma Job Segment:
Retail Manager, Retail Operations, Store Manager, Merchandising, Retail