Responsible for performing in a consultative style in a variety of different analytical roles depending on the project. In general works directly with clients at all levels within the organization and with outside parties to identify operational business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow IT solution proposal development. Accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating and conducting information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings. Works under general supervision, but requires specific guidance on complex assignments.
- Applies technical and business knowledge in the analysis of client requirements in project areas such as: IT testing and product acceptance, new business operating models with innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality, and operational readiness assessment and others.
- Participates in cross functional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, work flow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
- Evaluates existing application products which could address client requirements and develops recommendations where appropriate.
- Develops comprehensive business cases with cost, service, benefit dimensions of proposed IT projects that are used at executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Participates in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Conducts analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Completes administrative requirements in an accurate and timely manner (e.g., time reporting, status reporting, etc.).
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in information systems development or implementation with progressively more complex responsibilities and accountabilities in a large mainframe or client server environment.
- Bachelor's degree required in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Proficient skills in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools required.
- Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Understanding of health care business and care delivery processes preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Information Technology Department: Adv/Appt Data Management Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.