Conducts utilization review for in-house patients and/or those members at contracted facilities. Assists in the discharge planning process.
- Conducts utilization review for in-house patients and/or members who have been admitted to contracted facilities. Interviews patients/caregivers regarding care after hospitalization.
- Conducts clinical reviews based on established treatment criteria.
- Collaborates with physicians on clinical reviews, keeps them appraised of Kaiser clinical criteria.
- Reviews utilization patterns, identifies trends and problems areas for special studies.
- Assists in collecting and assimilating clinical data to enhance the quality of services.
- Generates quality improvement results.
- Reports and investigates unusual occurrences and questions inappropriate decisions based on their professional expertise.
- Assists other health care providers in the discharge planning process and triaging on alternative unit of care.
- Counsels on Medicare and health care plan coverage.
- Coordinates referrals to appropriate agencies/facilities.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an inpatient setting OR if for Skilled Nursing departments, minimum two (2) years of experience in a skilled nursing facility.
- Minimum one (1) year of utilization experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of diagnostic codes.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical expert in area of review preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Palliative Care experience preferred.
Primary Location: California,Modesto,Modesto Medical Center 4601 Dale Rd Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon-Fri Working Hours Start: 8:30 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Non-Union, Non-Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Nursing Licensed Specialty: Continuing Care (Home Health / Hospice / SNF) Department: Palliative Care Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Posting ID: 554840252Posted: 2020-05-27