Participates w/ the Health Care Team in delivering quality health care to patients in a manner which reflects Kaiser Permanente's mission, vision, & values while supporting the Labor Management Partnership (LMP) principles & practice. Participates in creating a high-performance culture based on a joint decision making process. Provides support & assistance to the patient & Health Care team to promote population-based care, continuity of care, customer satisfaction, & self-care. Demonstrates strong interpersonal & communication skills w/ a caring, courteous, flexible, supportive, respectful, open minded, appreciative attitude that is committed to a team environment. Assumes timely duties in assisting anesthesia providers by performing specific responsibilities as they relate to preparation & maintenance of equipment & supplies needed for the delivery of anesthesia care thus permitting more time for the anesthesia provider to be directly involved in patient care.
- Practice standards of performance. Overall Job Accountabilities & Responsibilities: Self motivated, seeks supervision/consultation or refers to another resource when unable to perform safely, effectively or w/in role. Assist w/, set-up, & operate rapid infuser. Demonstrates positive interaction w/ the public, employees, supervisors & clinicians/providers in accordance w/ Organizational Behavior Guidelines & unit norms. Presents a professional appearance & calming approach w/ patients & staff, demonstrates honest & ethical behavior. Handles patient & employee information w/ appropriate sensitivity & safeguarding to ensure confidentiality & right to privacy; uphold HIPPA standards. Uses effective communication skills to minimize conflict &/or address difficult situations. Consistently demonstrates & incorporates principles of safety & infection control into daily activities as outlined in organization policies/procedures. Actively participates in safety & infection control program & activities as outlined as identified by specific program policies/procedures. Complies w/ Kaiser's Time Keeping Policy to accurately reflect productive time worked. Reports to work as scheduled & on time (per unit norms & policies), time away from work is approved & taken in accordance w/ established system policies. Demonstrates reliability & excellent attendance. Monitors & takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences. Returns promptly from breaks & schedules then to provide appropriate coverage. Restricts personal business to non-patient care areas duringbreak times. Responds to OR/PACU/SPU Code 99.
- Supplies & equipment daily routine: Monitors & maintains anesthesia machines & related equipment, including calibration & cleaning according to manufacturer's recommendation & department/hospital policy. Assemble & organize equipment as needed by the anesthesia staff provider. Maintain adequate workroom & anesthesia machine supply inventory through ordering & stocking from general stores, purchasing & pharmacy. Keep the anesthesia workroom neat, clean, & orderly. Decontaminate & clean supplies & equipment according to pre-established routines. Performs routine preventive maintenance checks on all equipment, respirators, laryngoscopes, & blood pressure cuffs. These duties are to be carried out between cases & at the beginning & end of the day. Handles & disposes of contaminated equipment following established protocols. Checks soda lime canisters daily & changes soda lime as necessary. Tags & processes any equipment needing repairs. Researches, stablishes, & maintains inventory of special supplies purchased by the Anesthesia Department. Performs & records Nitrous testing on all anesthesia machines. Check & replace O2 tanks, Nitrous tanks & air tanks. Perform V I-STAT or similar equipment & Glucometer calibrations as needed by site. Perform tasks as requested by anesthesia on I-Stat, Glucometer. Assists w/ regional blocks & lines as requested. Set up & operate rapid infusor. Performs any other specific tasks as assigned. Wipes down anesthesia equipment, BP cuff, leads, etc. at turnover of each case.
- Support & Educational Activities: Attends & constructively participates in scheduled department in- service programs & staff meetings. Demonstrates awareness of new information posted in the department communication notebook. Participates in continuing education. Promotes age specific & culturally sensitive care across the surgical continuum providing customer satisfaction. Supports & participates in the orientation experience of new employees & students.
- Special Assignments & projects: Completes special projects & assignments as directed by the Chief Anesthetist &/or their designated representative in order to meet the operational needs of the department. Assist anesthesia personnel in set-up of arterial or central lines. Assist in set-up & operate cell saver devices. Performs daily QI on all machines related to anesthesia & result reporting.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Qualifications: Knowledge of hospital & clinic settings w/ OR knowledge preferred. Ability to comprehend & carry out hospital policies & procedures. Ability to work in stressful situations & respond rapidly to requests.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Anesthesia Technician.
- High school graduate.
License, Certification, Registration
- ASATT certification required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Able to cover call and/or work weekend shifts.
- Two (2) - three (3) years of anesthesia tech experience.
- Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Basic hygiene concepts.
- Good body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Independent worker able to prioritize activities and work quickly, self motivated.
- Knowledge and understanding of sterile technique.
- Good listening skills.
Primary Location: Oregon,Portland,South Interstate Medical Offices 3500 N. Interstat Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 9:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:30 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: OFNHP - Technical Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Patient Care Services (Non RN) Department: Ambulatory Surgery Center Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.