Leidos is looking for a Program Manager (PM) with a strong background and experience managing the operation, maintenance, and modernization of an IT portfolio critical to the mission of US Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
The PM must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large IT program. The PM will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help define their vision. The PM will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The PM will need to introduce and facilitate process changes into a large organization. The PM must effectively negotiate differences that may exist between Leidos, our partners, and the customer in order to bring together a cohesive/efficiently running IT organization.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible to:
• Provide management oversight
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the Contractor staff
• Organize, direct and coordinate planning and execution of all contract activities, and review the work of subordinates, including subcontractors, to ensure that the schedule, standards, and reporting responsibilities are met
• Integrate the Contractor's management and technical activities across the entire contractor staff to ensure they are consistent
• Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions and is approved/coordinated with senior corporate managers
• Act as the primary interface with the COR
• Certification in Project Management from a recognized credentialing agency (PMP), certification in Program Management (PgMP) required
• 10 years Program Management experience on large scare IT operations and maintenance contracts
• Demonstrates integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
• Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
• Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
• Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
• Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
• Experience managing tools, purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Knowledge of industry/government best practices
• U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
• Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements.
• Experience managing programs or projects in a CBP environment.
• Experience with CBP OIT System Engineering Lifecycle Processes
• Active CBP Full Background Investigation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog ManagementLeidos
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.