Rehab Tech MUST have prior DOR experience in SNF setting.
Participates in the rehab team process. Responsible for assisting with administration, development, marketing, and operations of the Rehab Program. Assists with managing and directing staff in the provision of program services to residents. Collaborates with the Regional Manager to establish and meet budgetary and efficiency standards for the Rehab Program. Carries out defined rehab department duties on a regular basis including housekeeping and maintenance tasks, filing, faxing, billing, answering phones, and other clerical duties as needed such as maintaining equipment and inventory. Provides assistance in the transportation of patient to and from the rehab department. Routinely cleans and maintains the clinical environment and equipment. Oversees the maintenance of rehabilitation equipment as directed by the therapist and/or assistant. Performs other related duties as assigned by Regional Therapy Manager.
The following represents the essential functions of this job to be used to determine if an individual with a physical or mental impairment can perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The other functions listed may be required of all other staff in the position.
Essential Functions: Incumbent(s)
- Assists in directing and assessing the scheduling of staff considering rehab caseload, treatment hours, and staff resources.
- Ensures that the quality and appropriateness of patient care meets or exceeds company and industry standards and ensures that rehab services are in compliance with state and federal legal, regulatory, accreditation, and reimbursement guidelines.
- Assists Regional Rehab Manager in reviewing therapist documentation practices for clarity, conciseness, content, and timeliness.
- Assists in ensuring efficient utilization of therapy services.
- Serves as liaison between rehab department and facility administrator and between rehab department and Regional Rehab Manager.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care reimbursement.
- Contributes to the team decision making process.
- Participates in clinical program development and implementation.
- Assists in orientation of new rehab staff, as directed by the Regional Rehab Manager.
- Participates in marketing activities as approved by the Regional Rehab Manager and Facility Administrator.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients, caregivers, customers, physicians, and co- workers.
- Maintain compliance with Daybreak's Compliance program and plan.
- Adhere to the Daybreak's Code of Conduct
- Works with the facility and organizations on case management needs and requirements.
Dimensions and Scope:
- Demonstrates ability to utilize independent and effective judgment, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to manage time effectively.
- Able to function effectively in various systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff, residents, and customers.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- These duties are not all inclusive but provide minimum performance expectations and will be reviewed in the performance process.
- Two or more years' experience in a long term care setting is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
Posting ID: 554841856Posted: 2020-04-01