The Software Developer will work collaboratively with a software engineering team to assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and sustainment of an application-tier networking capability with near-real-time message transfers. The role requires the candidate to work individually and as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. The Software Developer shall be responsible for the following:
- Develop, test, and integrate networking software to support TCP, UDP, IP, Sockets, OSI Stack, DNS, Private and public addresses
- Code and test software (unit, integration, and system deployment)
- Work in an Agile environment with continuous integration and automated testing
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Minimum of 15 years as a software engineer
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related technical field, an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree
- C/C++, JAVA software development experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with continuous integration and automated testing
- Multi-threaded development experience
- Linux and Centos/RedHat experience
- Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, and LDAP
- Storage concept experience: File systems, extendts, luns, raid
- Oracle database experience
- Git, Gitlab, Jenkins
- Jira, Confluence
- JEE (J2EE)
- Prometheus and Grafana
External Referral Bonus:Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.