Assists in the provision of screens, collection of assessment data, and direct treatment to a general rehab caseload under the direction and supervision of an Occupational Therapist. Provides caregiver training. Involvement in rehab program development. Where allowed by law, supervises rehab technicians and/or rehab aides.
Associates Degree from an AOTA accredited program and licensure in the state of hire, where required by law.
Two years clinical experience preferred. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE,
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize independent and effective clinical judgment, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Utilizes effective time management skills.
- Ability to function effectively in various systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff, residents, and customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Oral communication - speak in and understand complex sentences.
- Written communication - read, write, and understand complex sentences.
- Take information and transfer to another party. Interpret information and act.
- Analyze information and act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as directed by the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Collects assessment data as directed by the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Under a physician's order, provides direct treatment to patients as directed by, and according to the plan of care outlined by, the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Provides clinical documentation on a timely basis.
- Provides patient and caregiver training according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Prepares materials and assists with other clerical duties as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Participates in quality improvement programs.
- Ensures the delivery of quality rehab services.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients, caregivers, customers, physicians, and co-workers.
- Completes required educational training per Daybreak policy.
- Maintain Compliance with Daybreak's Compliance Program and plan, adhere to the Daybreak's Code of Conduct,
- Work with the facility and organizations on case management needs and requirements.
These duties are not all inclusive but provide minimum performance expectations and will be reviewed in the performance process
Posting ID: 554841961Posted: 2020-05-27