The overall purpose of the business office manager position is to provide financial systems and administrative support to the facility administrator. Incumbents may provide secretarial, bookkeeping, receptionist, accounting, cashier, payroll, data input, clerical, and other services for the facility's business operations.
The specific responsibilities of this position are described in the Essential Functions.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Typing skills of 40 wpm or more. Computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Well-developed, organizational skills.
- Familiarity with the operation of various office machines.
- Prior experience in record keeping and office management.
- High school diploma is required; advance courses in office management are desirable.
- Proficiencies in math and language usage are preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience may be helpful (for larger facilities).
The following represents the essential functions of this job to be used to determine if an individual with a physical or mental impairment can perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The other functions listed may be required of all other staff in the position.
All essential functions should be reviewed with the Supervisor every six month and new goals established if results are not meeting expectations.
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Employer.
The Employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
- Monitor track and process collections.
- Answer phone.
- Opens Facility Mail and Distributes Mail to the Appropriate Department and or Corporate Office Billing Department.
- Maintain and monitor Payroll, key adjustments.
- Set up and maintain Employee files and pre-employment checks per policy.
- Trust fund (key and reconcile).
- Deposit A/R and Trust fund as needed.
- Process admission paperwork for residents.
- Research pending Medicaid accounts.
- May control and administer facility petty cash funds.
- Tracking census.
- Request refunds as needed.
- Accounts payable.
- Complete and send in occupancy and death report at the end of the month.
- Functions independently within established parameters of policies and procedures.
- Activities are directed to the accomplishment of assigned tasks in a prescribed manner.
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner using effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills with residents, their families, and co-workers.
- Maintains confidentiality of department, resident, employee information, communication, and documentation as well as compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Clocks in and out for all working/training hours. Working off the clock will not be permitted at any time or for any reason.
- Maintain compliance with Daybreak's Compliance program and plan.
- Adhere to the Daybreak Code of Conduct
- These duties are not all-inclusive but provide minimum performance expectations and will be reviewed in the performance process.
Posting ID: 554841965Posted: 2020-05-27