Company Job Title: Intermediate Software Engineer
Location:St. Louis, MO
Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
The Intermediate Software Engineer
possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable. Leveraging this level of skill, shall research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individual must have expert knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software programs.
- Individual must have adequate domain knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing software programs.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and/or improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code and databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Lead.
- Astute ability in writing test scripts, test driven development, in an agile software development environment, where building in automated test procedures in addition to functional code are paramount to continuous integration and continuous delivery of software.
- Further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommendation of improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Individual shall be capable of performing the software tasks identified in the contract requirements in forming and working on Government/Contractor software coding teams.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 4+ years' experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
- 3+ years' experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations, and surveys, to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
- Experience working with multiple database types.
- Possesses a TS/SCI level, or above, security clearance.
- Following Highly Desired:
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree
- Use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Tools - Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES/PostGIS, Oracle Spatial and/or other geospatial databases, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File Geodatabases.
- Data formats including KML, KMZ, NITF, TIFF, JPEG, GeoPDF, and similar geo-related formats and data structures.
- Operating Platforms - ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or similar.
- Clear communication skills are required such that highly technical and complex concepts can be effectively transmitted to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, and experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 554842714Posted: 2020-05-27