Company Job Title: Advanced Engineer
Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
will lead extensive engineering/scientific support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, devices and/or processes for complex developmental and operational weapon system programs. The AdvancedEngineer
will work independently, as a team member, or leading teams/tasks to solve engineering/scientific problems and have the ability to provide daily supervision and direction to support teams Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Weapon/Missile System requirements generation, allocation, tracking, and traceability at the program and component level.
- Support design and development of Weapon/Missile Systems programs and their components.
- Implement and Manage system engineering "V" processes across a program acquisition life cycle.
- Support integration of Weapon/Missile Systems at the program and component level
- Assess and verifies Weapon/Missile Systems performance at the program and component level.
- Support deploying Weapon/Missile Systems for the elements and components of the Targets and Countermeasures program.
- Analyze engineering sustainment of Weapon/Missile Systems programs and components.
- Analyze Weapons/Missile Systems at the program and component level.
- Support management of Weapon/Missile Systems Modeling and Simulation (M&S) at the program and component level.
- May be required to provide daily supervision and employee recruiting, development and retention in compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- May be responsible for management of program cost, schedule and performance.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of Systems Engineering Experience
- Secret Clearance required
- Strong systems engineering skills, preferably in the missile defense or space sector
- Working knowledge of rocket propulsion systems
- Working knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System components and mission.
- Familiarity with DOD and MDA processes and procedures.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge practical and theoretical technical/engineering.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment while coordinating with multiple organizations and leadership.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills to independently develop technical white papers, briefings, etc., as required by the customer to communicate complex technical issues across MDA Engineering Directorate.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Travel: ability to travel 10-20% to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 554842774Posted: 2020-05-27