CHENEGA WORLDWIDE SUPPORT
Company Job Title: Space Planner
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
The Space Planner
position will work closely with USAID's M/MS/HMD space planning team, GSA, and assist in all aspects of space planning projects. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Space Planner and the HMD Team by performing the full range of space planning work and managing multiple facilities related projects, new construction, and refurbishments
- Utilize the principles of Interior Design and Project Management.
- Through assigned projects:
- Work directly with the POC in gathering the scope of work
- Survey the space as needed
- Develop Design Intent Drawings and optional solutions for the project
- Present the design options to the POC and project team
- Create Construction Documentation (CD) packages with all related paperwork necessary for each project.
- Assist in maintaining project records utilizing the HMD/Space Planning Division established procedures and USAID policy such as:
- Balance required resources and budgets per assigned projects
- Work with the HMD Team in assessing risks
- Develop appropriate mitigation strategies for each project.
- Assist in acquiring and working with the required 3rd party services of multiple disciplines such as construction, design, IT, telecommunications, interior furnishings, etc.
- Coordinate the work with the project team.
- Assist Sr Space Planner in:
- Estimate the amount of time a project will take
- Schedule appropriate resources
- Evaluate project methodology
- Develop corrective solutions as required.
- Interface with vendors, various contractors, system specialists, and Bureau managers.
- Assist the Space Planning Division with the Space Allocation Program.
- Utilize the current FM Systems Interact software and the particular modules of Space Planning, Move Management, Assets Management, and Strategic Management.
- Assist the Space Planning Division and the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity with a knowledge base of reasonable accommodation; utilizing the space planning division product standards and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS/BA in Interior Design, Architecture, or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Ability for local travel
- Strong creative and leadership qualities
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office and its programs; AutoCAD and related programs
- Knowledge of FM Systems or CAFM related program a plus.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educate others on the value of diversity; Promote a harassment-free environment; Build a diverse workforce.
- Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 554842783Posted: 2020-06-24