Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
We are hiring Caregivers/Direct Support Professionals to provide essential services to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities in our residential programs.
The health and safety of our employees and the individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide within our communities, we continue to accept applications and fill open positions for all shifts and schedules. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.DescriptionJob Responsibilities:
- Supporting individuals with varying levels of assistance and teaching strategies to live as independently as possible.
- Assisting with daily living skills including meal preparation and assisting with medication administration.
- Once we're past COVID-19, you will accompany individuals out in the community: outings/field trips, and to medical appointments, and shopping.
- Provide guidance and direction on a range of developmental goals from social integration, community participation, household budgeting, arts, exercise, nutrition, and supporting vocational responsibilities.
- You may provide personal care and hygiene: i.e. getting dressed, toileting, and bathing.
- You may provide physical or emotional interventions with behaviors.
Learn more about these roles at https://jobs.thementornetwork.com/what-is-a-dsp and you can view a Job Preview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=0uSjuVvH5m0 Qualifications: What we require of you:
Why Join us?
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license in good standing required
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliable, responsible attitude
We have meaningful work for you - come join our team - Apply Today!
- These roles offer amazing personal rewards - you see first-hand the impact you have on the lives and independence of those individuals we serve.
- Because most of our funding comes from Federal and State payers, we offer stability - and secure work opportunities. These are not temporary openings, these are long-term needs.
- Paid Time Off and Health benefits to employees working a minimum of 30 hours/week.
- Paid training; Holiday pay; Mileage reimbursement
- Join an amazing team, some of the best co-workers you could ask for. We have a family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee discounts with vendors.
- There is a lot of variety in these roles - no day is ever the same as the next.
- Serving 30,000 individuals with over 30,000 employees across 37 states, we over career advancement opportunities across the country
Posting ID: 554842991Posted: 2020-05-27