Nestl Health Science invests in every employee to make certain each person can reach their greatest potential and works in an environment rooted in respect, diversity and teamwork. We focus on empowering the patients and consumers we serve to live healthier lives through industry leading nutrition and nutrition-enabling solutions by keeping their needs at the center of everything we do. We make quality and innovation our highest priorities when delivering our trusted brands such as BOOST, Carnation Breakfast Essential, Peptamen, Compleat Organic Blends, Zenpep, and many more.
We are a globally recognized leader in the field of nutrition science with our US headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ, and have over 5000 employees around the world. Come join the Nestl Health Science family and experience exciting opportunities!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist in R&D. You will be responsible for applying, developing and leveraging relevant food science and technology (S&T) knowledge in the domain of dairy and plant proteins to support product development. As a Senior Scientist you will work with external partners to co-develop an insource knowledge and technologies and support manufacturing excellence through S&T expertise.
Science & Technology Strategy
• Acts as the recognized scientific resource on dairy and plant proteins
• Support or lead the development of specific S&T Building Blocks as defined in the roadmaps by providing specific expertise and innovative mindset
• Monitor and leverage S&T from internal and external sources
• Independently generate, analyze and present data at team meetings.
• Translate discoveries into ideas, concepts and S&T Building Blocks
• Generate and document knowledge on food science
• Insource knowledge through external partnerships
• Apply scientific knowledge to support product development and manufacturing, aiming at product and process mastership
• Leverage scientific expertise within R&D community (NRC, R&D Expert Networks)
• Ensure up-to-date knowledge about plant and dairy protein functionalities and properties for their usage in food products
• Ensure scientific excellence through exposure to other experts, associations, screening IP and specific training
• Ability to structure and perform S&T projects without detailed supervision
• Ability to present at S&T days or external forums
Knowledge and Technology Transfer across the Organization
• Interact with the Nestl Research Center and expert networks in building cross category S&T roadmaps and leveraging knowledge
• Provides information to group to influence direction, departmental goals and/or business
• Collaborates with others, and acts as scientific resource for department/team
• Participates in external interactions and collaborations
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Masters in Food Science, PhD highly preferred. Thesis in the area of dairy or plant proteins, topic about their application in food would be preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in R&D, International experience highly desirable.
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills (English)
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong process knowledge in functional area
• Openness and flexibility
• Good communication and excellent team spirit
• Able to contribute to a climate for innovation/renovation and knowledge sharing
• Experience in managing and driving S&T projects
• Ability and drive to translate business needs into solutions to create Output
Posting ID: 554843067Posted: 2020-05-27