Job DescriptionThe Bank of New York Mellonis a provider of investment services and investment management and we are a world-renowned leader in each. When combined, the power of our extensive capabilities can help drive your success in markets around the world.BNY Mellonis the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.BNY Mellon Technology'smission is to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.Our TeamOperations and Shared Tech (OST)
owns the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon's products and services are delivered to our clients and our internal business operations teams. We provide Custody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM's digital platform (NEXEN) along with associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio for Custody, Alternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operational transformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient. OST's world-class engineers build solutions with an 'empathy first' principle. We believe that our products and services are superior when we know our clients, users, and partners - and that the more embedded we are with them and the more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise. The OST Production Services Team
is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you. The Role
As part of the OST Production Services team, we are looking for aPlatform Support Analyst.Key Responsibilities:
Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as required by business need
- Infrastructure support
- Support of BNY Mellon customizations
- Participate in Agile based software development model
- Provides guidance on technical subject matter to associates.
- Troubleshooting moderate to complex issues.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Provides off hour support as needed
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a relatedBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with Linux (RHEL), Apache, Tomcat,.NET
- Experience with the agile methodology.
- Experience working in geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with large databases (MS SQL Server, Ctree)
- Windows server administration skills
- PowerShell and visual basic scripting
- SQL administration and query building
- Basic DB administration and query building
Nice to Have:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools GIT, JIRA, ServiceNow, Ansible, Kibana, Solarwinds, Splunk, AppDynamics Prometheus, MoogSoft,etc.)
- Working knowledge of Event Management principles, methodologies,
- Internet Information Services (IIS), SOAP,SSL/TLS protocols, Security Certificates,
- Log analysis
- Strong production support background
- Incident & problem management background
- Full stack development knowledge
- Real-world RESTful web services experience
- Working knowledge of cloud based technologies, containerization.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.Primary Location:
United States-New York-New YorkInternal Jobcode:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644Requisition Number:
Posting ID: 554843202Posted: 2020-05-27