As the largest hospital in San Luis Obispo County, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center strives to produce optimal outcomes and exceptional patient experiences to the community it serves. With 164 beds and hundreds of physicians, Sierra Vista puts advanced technology into the hands of experienced medical specialists to deliver quality healthcare to Central Coast residents and visitors. Its distinct, high-level services include neurosurgery, orthopedics, obstetrics, perinatology (high-risk pregnancy), neonatology (high-risk newborn care), pediatrics and trauma. Sierra Vista houses the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit between Santa Barbara and Salinas, the only dedicated pediatric unit in San Luis Obispo County and serves as the county s designated trauma center. Sierra Vista is recognized as a leader in orthopedics, cancer care and is a Joint Commission accredited primary stroke center. Sierra Vista is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been serving the community since 1959. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Rad Technologist II is responsible for operating x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of body as ordered by the physician. Positions and instructs the patient for radiological and fluoroscopic examinations, adjusts the x-ray equipment, and determines the proper voltage, and current and desired exposure time for each radiograph. Understands radiology information and PACS systems utilization and operation. In addition can perform the duties of a second modality ( Mammography, CT, Specials, NM,OR,US )
- Current Radiology Tech & Fluoro Licenses
- Current BLS Certification
- AA or AS degree in Radiological Sciences
- Experienced in Two or More Modalities (Mammography, CT, Specials, NM,OR,US);
- Mammography License 'If Required.'
- One or more years experience.
- Must be able to follow instructions, work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential functions of the position
Job: Imaging and Radiology
Primary Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Job Type: PT2N
Shift Type: Rotate
If Other Shift, Specify: Variable days of the week and variable shifts
Posting ID: 554843350Posted: 2020-07-08