Job Summary: Position requires the applicant to teach in the classroom (theory), as well as teach and supervise students in various clinical settings. Participates in the teaching mission of the SON; specific activities and responsibilities are based on rank. Faculty members in the clinical series are also expected to participate in service to the school, including student advising.Specific teaching content focus:
Clinical and Theory for Population Health Nursing; Health Promotion, psychiatric-mental health nursing
Function/Duties of Position
1. Clinical Activities: Plans and supervises student lab and/or clinical experiences or practica based on teaching assignment.
2. Scholarly Activities: Participates in scholarly activities based on faculty rank.
3. Education Activities: Provides effective didactic instruction based on teaching assignment using appropriate instructional technologies to ensure that course outcomes are met. Participates collaboratively in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum. Mentors and advises students.
4. Service Activities: These activities include faculty meetings, committee membership, professional activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program or Academic Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities: As negotiated.
6. Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university's missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
- Master's degree in nursing.
- Oregon RN license and current BLS certification/CPR card.
- Three years of clinical practice experience.
- Doctorate in nursing.
- At least one year of teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher.
- Experience in nursing care of populations.
- Ability to manage nursing care in community settings.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 554843480Posted: 2020-05-27