How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealth
our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Recently the Commission on Cancer (CoC) granted Jersey Shore University Medical Center with it's Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA), which recognizes our commitment and excellence to providing quality care to our cancer patients.
Brennan 6 is an oncology unit where patients receive chemotherapy, post-op surgical care, and palliative and hospice care. Responsibilities
- The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for the delivery of clinical services.
- Manages clinical and support staff.
- Responsible and accountable for daily operations to achieve best practice and organizational objectives.
- Responsible for implementation of the strategic plan and standards of care and practice in accordance with regulatory requirements within the unit
- S/He develops, coordinates, integrates and oversees inter-disciplinary programs, monitors performance standards and existing practices and designs new systems to improve organizational performance and staff competence.
- S/He is responsible for demonstrating leadership, providing staff development, ensuring competence and collaborating with Medical Staff and Senior Management to deliver high quality, cost-effective care across the continuum.
- S/He will have strong knowledge of performance improvement, manage and coordinate the activities of the Nursing Team to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with established standards and regulatory requirements.
- S/He will work with the nurse leadership team to create and support the goals of the organization.
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license required
- BSN required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association required
- Demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 3 years of nursing experience required
- Telemetry nursing experience preferred
- Oncology nursing experience preferred
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification preferred
- National certification preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today! Our Network
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 554843570Posted: 2020-07-01