How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The E S Sanitation Sorter II is responsible for the collection of waste from porter closets throughout the Medical Center.
A day in the life of aE S Sanitation Sorter II at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Collects waste in designated areas and removes by placing into the utility trucks.
2. Sorts and separates waste according to class (i.e. regular waste separated from Regulated Medical Waste).
3. Compacts all waste.
4. Transports Regulated Medical Waste to the waste room to be ground and sterilized or compacted for placement in roll-off container.
5. Coordinates removal, packaging, and labeling of all chemotherapy and laboratory waste; stores laboratory waste in appropriate bins for removal.
6. Supports all waste management efforts.
7. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Ability to read and write in the English language.
2. Familiar with the distinctions between regulated medical waste, hazardous waste and garbage.
3. One year hospital housekeeping or sanitation experience.
4. Completion of in-house related environmental services training.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 554843589Posted: 2020-05-27