How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Cook prepares, cooks and serves food for consumption by patients, staff, and visitors.
A day in the life of a Cook at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Prepares and cooks all menu items to order, as assigned, in accordance with HACCP guidelines to meet sanitary regulations, as well as following established recipes, and cooking techniques to achieve the quality standards of the department.
2. Determines food requirements, stocks food, utensils and equipment accordingly, and sets up mizzen place.
3. Checks food temperatures using a thermometer to ensure safe cooking, holding, and serving temperatures.
4. Ensures that all food served meets standards of presentation, taste, quality, temperature, portion control, and safety and sanitation.
5. Maintains timeliness of menu preparation and presentation in accordance with service needs. 6. Cleans work/service area at end of production, and stores remaining food in accordance with HACCP guidelines to maintain safety and sanitation standards, including cover, label, and date. 7. Maintains refrigerators (clean, stocked for meal service, and leftovers utilized to avoid waste). 8. Provides relief coverage in all areas of room service as needed.
9. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 1-3 years of hotel and/or restaurant cooking experience.
3. Observed good cooking techniques.
4. Team player.
5. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. AAS Culinary Degree.
2. Health facilities cooking experience or health care nutrition knowledge.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Food Service Safety and Sanitation Certification within 1 year of hire.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 554843591Posted: 2020-05-27