How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This position is for Hackensack Meridian's Urgent Care and appointment side (Ocean County Family Care) which include locations in: Forked River Brick, Toms River, Jackson and LBI. Team member may be asked to travel between multiple sites* Coverage may be days/evenings, weekends and holidays. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs; provides patient instructions per physician's order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider.
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- Graduate of accredited school of Medical Assisting.
- 1 year experience in a medical office preferred
- National Certified Medical Assistant certificate required
- CPR certification
- Must be able to travel between Urgent Care sites within Ocean County. Must be flexbile with hours/rotating holidays
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 554843651Posted: 2020-05-27