SAIC is seeking qualified personnel for an exciting opportunity in Atlanta, GA and Washington, D.C. SAIC will support the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) cybersecurity mission to ensure HHS can actively protect the vital health information with which it is entrusted, respond to existing and emerging cybersecurity threats, and continue to enhance the program to ensure HHS has the capability and capacity to respond to new and emerging requirements, technologies and threats. If you are interested in working in this dynamic environment, please review the job description and requirements below and then let us hear from you.
The Computer Security Incident Monitoring and Report Support Services Team Lead will enable CSIRC to identify trends and activities in a proactive mode for prevention, response and recovery purposes. This role will strive to improve the cybersecurity posture by identifying, verifying, and understanding cyber events and incidents in order to respond, mitigate, and provide 24x7x365 situational awareness to its stakeholders.
Technical contributions include these responsibilities for cybersecurity incident monitoring and reporting support:
• Oversee the CSIRC team and its operations
• Collect, analyze, and correlate security events and use discovered data to enable recommendation of mitigation of potential incidents within the enterprise as defined by CSIRC methodology.
• Identify events that pose a threat to the confidentiality, availability and integrity of information or systems that may be indicative of a violation of federal law or HHS Policy.
• Provide quality assurance accuracy, consistency and reliability to security event data in tickets and reports.
• Perform incident triage to include determining accuracy, scope, urgency, and impact.
• Provide incident coordination and updates to the Incident Response Teams (IRTs) and HHS through established processes.
• Notify CSIRC management and other HHS IRT members of suspected incidents and articulate the event's history, status and potential impact.
• Perform agency-wide event and incident tracking using the prescribed federally approved ticket management system.
• Track and report on-going cyber security incidents to the primary incident handler.
• Provide other teams and stakeholders with event and incident operational and executive reporting.
• Respond to verified incidents utilizing a wide array of tools to mitigate active threats.
• Conduct a minimum of one investigation per week.
• Contribute to the growth of the Department by producing artifacts for the knowledge base.
• Provide updates to the CSIRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and reports as needed.
• Participate in Table Top Exercises and provide summary of findings after the exercises.
• Coordinate with contractors and various teams within the Departments to assist with service restoration based on alarm conditions.
• Work with the Security Operations Center (SOC) on anomalies observed within the network.
• Participate in available technical and personal development opportunities.
• Document SOC team processes, oversee SOC projects and assist with monthly reporting for the team.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and nine (9) years of relevant experience in IT security. Includes working knowledge of cybersecurity engineering principles, techniques, and technologies.
Candidates should have one or more of the following certifications: GCIH, CISA, CISSP [or Associate], and/or GCED.
Candidates must be eligible for position requiring a Public Trust security clearance.
Experience working within the Department of Health & Human Services
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 554843758Posted: 2020-06-10