SAIC is seeking qualified personnel for an exciting opportunity in Atlanta, GA and Washington, D.C. SAIC will support the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) cybersecurity mission to ensure HHS can actively protect the vital health information with which it is entrusted, respond to existing and emerging cybersecurity threats, and continue to enhance the program to ensure HHS has the capability and capacity to respond to new and emerging requirements, technologies and threats. If you are interested in working in this dynamic environment, please review the job description and requirements below and then let us hear from you.
The Lead Engineer - NetWitness is responsible for managing the overall installation and maintenance of hardware and software on a daily basis. Monitors overall system performance,
oversees daily operations of systems to ensure system availability and may perform other duties, as assigned.
The Lead Engineer - NetWitness responsibilities will include:
• Setup, configure, and maintain Packet Capture devices
• Inspect traffic and report on traffic patterns, anomalies, malware, and other threats
• Assist with threat identification and inline threat prevention
• Knowledge of log formats for syslog, http logs, and DB logs
• Installing software on servers / Configuring Agents to forward logs to SIEM
• Use existing APIs to consume, display, filter, search complex security related information
• Deliver, monitor, and support production applications
• Technical advisory role in implementation and architecture design
• Assist in threat detection activities across teams
• Maintain system documentation, tuning system performance etc.
• Support enterprise firewall management, security information event, and log management engineering, incident management/governance risk compliance engineering, and enterprise packet capture management engineering
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and nine (9) years of experience. Five (5) years of relevant experience. Experience shall include a range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility.
Ten years progressive experience and two or more years with NetWitness are requirements for this position.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Experience working within the Department of Health & Human Services
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 554843765Posted: 2020-05-27