Job SummaryA Prep Cook's primary responsibility is to prepare and season a variety of food items, such as: meats, vegetables, soup, and seafood, in accordance with prescribed recipes. They will also provide unparalleled service in our Kitchens, ensuring that all customer requirements are met.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Food Safety Awareness; Food Safety Awareness; prior food prep experience helpful; Culinary Awards or accreditation; Culinary Degree
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Serv- safe certification a plus.
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques, and provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Receive food ingredients and supplies from main kitchen and pantry as required for daily operations.
- Review production schedule to determine food requirements, including variety and quantity of food for preparation and assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
- Slices, grinds and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods; testing of foods being cooked for quality.
- Carves and displays meats, vegetables, fruits and salads, replenishes service lines as necessary.
- Prepares food products for cook's production.
- Completes production sheets and other records as required.
- Maintains clean work area, utensils and equipment.
- Accommodate individual customer requests with regard to special dietary needs.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by management.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies, detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and or other unusual conditions.
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Posting ID: 554843931Posted: 2020-06-17